Friday, April 5, 2013

Yedidii



As I sit here and reflect on today I am so amazed and stand in awe at the marvelous things the Lord has done in my life and in the life of others. 9 months ago I was sitting in my home when my neighbor was in so much pain she needed to go to the hospital. Upon her return home the doctors gave her a report of her visit. Not understanding what was going on she gave me the report. It was written in English so I was able to read it. I read the words “Tubal Pregnancy”. As I read this my heart sank.  I knew how they longed to have a child. My heart was broken. I drew a diagram to try and explain what was going on. And my friend looked up and told me I will wait. I explained to her that it could be very dangerous. She was more than willing to take the risk.
The next day I walked over to pray for her and see how she was doing. She told me that God told her “He will put the baby in her womb”. I have to admit that my faith was not in the right place. All I could think was I saw the sonogram and read the doctor’s orders. I know God can change these things and circumstances. But at that moment all I could see was black and white.
The following week she returned to the Doctor for him to tell her that the egg was in the womb. It was such a testimony to me, and to those around her. When she told me I could hardly believe it. My heart was so heavy because I knew I lacked faith.
Today April 5th we welcomed little Yedidii (Jedediah) Beloved of God into the world. When I was holding him today I couldn’t help but to think of Matthew 17:20 “Faith the size of a mustard seed”. It’s an amazing testimony of faith. Not of mine but a dear friends. God hears our cries and knows our desires. He is also very capable to remove those mountains in our lives. We just need faith to do it.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story. Truly touched my heart on her faith in the Lord :) What a testimony on how God is the almighty God and can do anything in His will. Blessings to this baby and her family, and to all of you Nelson family. Prayers to you always for God to use your family to spread His word, and that you all may have safety and strength and love to be able to do all that you do WAY over there :)

    ReplyDelete