Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We Know

As I was teaching last nights Bible study I started to think, do we really know? And IF we really know how does that play out in our life? Let me explain, 1 John closes in chapter 5 with three "we knows"; "we know" that everyone born of God does not sin..... (is not given over to the power of sin, lead a life characterized by sin), "we know" we are from God......., and "we know" the Son of God has come..... Do we truly KNOW and IF so what does that mean for our lives? I got to thinking. If I know that sin no longer has dominion over me, why so often am I so powerless over sin? Why do I not walk in the victory over sin that has been granted to the believer? If I know that I am from God, meaning He is my Father, Protector, Provider, and Keeper (from the evil one) why again do I feel so powerless. And lastly, If I truly know that the Son of God has come... so that we would Know Him  is true, why am so often do I feel alone? Now I am in no way saying that I am not a child of God or anything of the sort, this is not some sort of confession, just my thoughts. The question lies in do we merely know what the Bible says, or do we BELIEVE it? If we are free from the power of sin, walk in the victory, not defeat. If we are of God trust in the one who has called us, protects us, and sets us apart from this wicked and dying world, and if we know the Son of God has come, we also know why He has come, TO SET US FREE! These three "We Knows" are our strength, and our hope. I am encouraged by these, because I KNOW! We need to walk in the victory already granted to us, knowing we serve the ONE true and living Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment