Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23 2011

I have the opportunity so I am taking it one last time here in the Philippines. I fly out tomorrow morning starting at six am headed to Manila and then Lax. Arriving at midnight. I wanted to update everyone as to the latest things involving the youth the last post spoke of: As I mentioned they speak very little English so Pastor Joshua had been praying about a youth study in Locso-on, our village and we had been praying that someone would take on the task of these young men, I am here to report that God is still faithful, Last week Joshua started the bible study with about seven young men PTL. This was a gospel message that all seven readily accepted and made confessions. I regretfully have to say that not all took it seriously and immedietly returned to their normal lives, however I am so thankful that four or five of the seven took this as a serious deal. Philippinos are very shy people and really aren't very outgoing until they have met and made friends atleast this has been my experience while here. The first time they attended church was a cultural dance lesson with "ew yuck" girls LOL. At first they would not participate and even left, only to return the next day to try again. Long story short they are active in youth group now and we continue to pray for these and many other youth to come to know Christ as King! Please keep the fam in prayer as I will be away for almost a month, Marissa is so far taking it the hardest. Also there is a supposed typhoon on the way, it keeps changing direction and forecast so pray it will not hit home to hard especially while I am not there. I hope to have the chance to visit many of you stateside. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment